If you're in your 3rd trimester, you are probably thinking about ways to help prepare for postpartum. Now is the perfect time to get your ducks in a row.
First off, whether you're a seasoned parent or brand new, there is no way to be 100% ready. But there are a few ways to help make the transition a little easier. Check out our short (less than 10 seconds long) video on ideas.
Here's the run down if you're not in the mood to watch the video :)
- Meal prep a head of time - Having a few freezer meals ready to throw in a crockpot or instapot can help save some sanity (and energy) in the first week.
- Have a a necessity basket handy - Create a basket to keep near where you'll be resting that holds your water bottle, granola bars, extra diapers, wipes, baby outfit, etc. That way if you're sitting to feed baby you can keep hydrated and if baby has a blow out you'll be able to clean it all up quick.
- Water bottle - Having a newborn in the house can make you lose track of time. Keeping a water bottle filled and handy will help to ensure you keep hydrated!
- Rest - It can be difficult to get a full nights sleep with a new baby in the house. Remember that it is ok to nap when the baby naps. If you have help or a partner at home, create a routine where you can get a nap in through out the day.
- It's ok to leave the chores - This one might be hard to deal with. I know we often feel the need to keep up with everything, but trust me when I say this: The dishes will wait to be done.
What are some ways you're preparing for postpartum? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to have some new ideas to share!
Looking to get a head start on your postpartum essentials? Head over to our Postpartum Box ;)